Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Pipe Dream

I have one dream in this life and it is quite simple:

Become famous enough so that Microsoft Word doesn't mark down my last name as a misspelling.

That little red squiggle is the bane of my existence. Every header it sits there, taunting me, laughing at me, like a red neon sign saying: 'you aren't there yet.' Well, every rap song tells me to turn the fears and discouragement into motivation, so, that's what I'm going to do. Hopefully, I'll be the last Defrese to struggle with that little red squiggle.

One can hope.

That's all we really got in this world. Now, bear with me, I'll keep my philosophical stuff short, but what did Andy Dufresne tell us about hope in Shawshank Redemption?

"Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

But Billy Joel also said "Only the good die young," so, while I'm still young, I'm going to hope, and besides you can't spell Dufresne without Defrese and failure is a part of success, specifically the 'u' and the 'e'. 

Anyways, this blog is intended to analyze various films and film scripts for your reading pleasures. That's the intention anyways, what actually happens may be something completely different, but feel free to add your thoughts on the various movies I pick, and to suggest your own. 

I'll leave you with something that has helped me in my numerous moments of self doubt, from Mr. Stan Lee:

Face Front.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment